Backer rod is inserted into joints prior to sealants being applied to reduce the amount of sealant required. Backing rod also debonds the bottom of the joint ensuring that the joint sealant only adheres to the sides of the joint to accommodate correct joint movement. Backer rod should typically be slightly wider than the joint to ensure a snug fit.
40mm Backer Rod is supplied in 2m lengths in a pack of 135 lengths (270 l/m)
- Size: 40mm
- Roll Length: 2m
- Rolls Per Box: 135
Features and Benefits
- Reduces the amount of joint sealant required
- Debonds the base of the joint to ensure correct joint movement
- Economical and easy to install
- Excellent dimensional stability
Ordering and Delivery
* Min order value applies for Free Shipping. Select areas only.
We dispatch to all areas of Australia. Our large warehouse in Melbourne is well-stocked, and close to major road networks.
Features of our delivery service include:
- Same-day delivery to the Melbourne metropolitan area.
- Same-day dispatch to Greater Melbourne, Regional Victoria, Southern NSW, Sydney, Canberra and Brisbane.
- General or Priority shipments to all other areas of Australia
All freight arrangements are subject to stock availability, order cut-off times and type of goods. Please call us on 1300 255 266 to discuss your requirements or click here for full details.