Boss green curing blankets insulate freshly poured concrete to ensure optimal results in cold and hot weather. By insulating the concrete from extreme temperatures, we can prevent cracking and unevenness, resulting in a better-finished product. This insulation protects against heat loss or gains.
The thermal insulation protects against heat loss on the surface, whilst the polyethylene cover protects against heat from direct sunlight. This will also help protect the concrete from natural elements such as wind and rain.
DID YOU KNOW – At 4°C, the chemical reactions that cure concrete essentially stops, and if the mercury dips below 0°C, the water in the concrete freezes which leads to pressure buildup, scaling and potentially compromises the structure. So, the greater the concrete mass, the greater the risk of thermal cracking. As concrete hydrates and cures, it generates heat and expands. Thermal cracking occurs when the warmer concrete core expands whilst the cooling outer layer contracts. The greater the temperature differential, the greater the stresses and potential for cracking.
- Blanket Size: 4m x 4m
- Blanket Thickness: 6mm
Features and Benefits
- Reduces curing times in extreme temperatures
- Fitted with eyelets to allow joining multiple sheets and fixing in place
- Fully washable, easy to clean, store and reuse
- Lightweight and flexible
Ordering and Delivery
* Min order value applies for Free Shipping. Select areas only.
We dispatch to all areas of Australia. Our large warehouse in Melbourne is well-stocked, and close to major road networks.
Features of our delivery service include:
- Same-day delivery to the Melbourne metropolitan area.
- Same-day dispatch to Greater Melbourne, Regional Victoria, Southern NSW, Sydney, Canberra and Brisbane.
- General or Priority shipments to all other areas of Australia
All freight arrangements are subject to stock availability, order cut-off times and type of goods. Please call us on 1300 255 266 to discuss your requirements or click here for full details.